Set high on the saddle of a tree-clad ridge, commanding panoramic views across the Serengeti, this lodge is the ultimate fusion of traditional African architecture and world-class style. Winner of numerous awards from the world travel press, it is perhaps the finest venue the Serengeti has to offer.
Centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River, the lodge has been designed to blend completely into the living landscape. A series of traditional domed ‘rondavels’ are widely spaced throughout the grounds, which are cooled by groves of acacia trees and watered by sparkling streams. On the very edge of the ridge is a ‘vanishing horizon’ pool, which looks out over the ‘endless plains’ after which the Serengeti is named.
Situated close to the world-famous 2-million-year-old paleolithic site of Ol Duvai, ‘birthplace of mankind’, the lodge has been styled to offer a showcase of cultural performance, heritage and traditional art, which is best illustrated by the lavish Makonde carvings which decorate both the rooms and the stunning domed dining room.
As for wildlife, the Serengeti National Park offers not only all the members of ‘The Big Five’ (elephant, rhino, lion, leopard and buffalo), but also the annual ‘migration’ of over one million wildebeest and their attendant cast of predators.
The Lodge is in the Serengeti National Park, 335 kms from Arusha.
By road: transfers by road from Arusha take approximately —- hours.
By air: the airstrip is adjacent to the lodge and a ‘meet and greet’ and transfer service is offered.
- Traditionally-carved, domed dining room
- Individual ‘rondavel’ rooms with private balconies
- Vanishing horizon pool overlooking the plains
- Scenic safari bar with timbered terrace
- Private bush camp overlooking the migration
- Central barbeque area and water gardens
- Game drives daily
- Wedding planning and honeymoon venue
- Gift shop, business centre, WiFi
- Conference centre
- Extensive selection of sports and activities
- Cultural dance and music
- TV room with satellite TV.